So we have made a new decision in our household that we are going to do our best to try to start making some healthy changes in our lifestyles. No, that doesn't mean we are interested or planning to go on some crazy crash diet, I don't want to hear about your coach, diet pills or anything else. We are just making a few healthy changes as a family, the old fashioned way.
With these said changes, we have chosen a few healthier snacks (not necessarily fat/carb/calorie free and not adhering to any specific diet, just healthiER choices) but if you are still interested, here are our top 10:
1. Apples sliced with a thin layer of peanut butter and dipped in a few dark chocolate chips!
2. A pound of Strawberries blended with a cup of Splenda, then frozen and eaten as Italian ice!
3. Muffin cups made from a slice of turkey as the "cupcake liner" and eggs with a pinch of shredded cheese and fresh salsa!
4. Frozen banana slices dipped in dark chocolate!
5. Sweet potatoes thinly sliced into chips and baked with cooking spray a dash of salt pepper and garlic until crispy and dipped into a little ketchup!
6. Turkey and Cheese Roll Ups!
7. Chocolate Chip Rice Cakes topped with Nutella!
8. Chicken salad with light mayo eaten with cucumber chips!
9. Hard Boiled eggs sliced with a dash of salt and pepper and a sprinkle of fresh salsa on top!
10. Light String cheese breaded in panko and lightly baked and dipped into marinara sauce!
These are some family friendly snacks that we enjoy! Tell us how creative you get with healthy snacks! I'd love to see your snack list! <3